Friday, December 4, 2009

Missing the main ingredient

Six months and two days ago was my wedding day. I knew the night before that I was not in love with my husband-to-be, but I was doing what I thought I was supposed to do. I was twenty-five, and in a long term relationship. We lived together for almost two years, and I'd moved four-hundred miles away from my family and friends to be with this man, and start this fabulous life in New York City. We were getting married. Nothing was going to stop me. Now it's six months into the marriage and we are separated. I have informed him that I want a divorce. I could go into the specifics as to why I have decided to dissolve my marriage so abruptly, but I will not. It makes no difference. I was not in love. I had convinced myself that I didn't need love to be married. I didn't believe in soulmates; I believed in choices.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow yea i'm sure thats hard to live with...knowing you married someone because of what you thought you should do, not what you felt was right. i have friends that are in that same situation, but you did the right thing by realizing it and moving on instead of continuing to live in denial...no better time than the present!...you are a lovely person, so i'm sure you'll find better later...don't jump into anything too soon though! have time for yourself to be young and single, living your life the way YOU want to :)...luv ya!

    ReplyDelete