Saturday, December 5, 2009

Uncomfortable

Oh what I wouldn't give to be comfortable. About a month ago my entire world was turned upside down. In my haste to leave my husband and my situation, I forgot that I was also leaving my sense of normalcy and comfort; my seven-hundred, fifty thread count sheets, my queen sized bed, and my lofty, comfy pillows. Six of them to be exact, ranging in size from standard to euro. I think back on how I would stack them all according to size and prop myself up on them. I felt like I was in a cloud, floating on a sea of dreams. Oh how I long to be comfortable. I miss the joys of lulling in bed on Saturday mornings, peacefully drifting in and out of sleep, without a care in the world; that warm, enveloping feeling created by my own body heat that hugs me, and assures me that in this moment, while I lie in bed, all is right with the world. And even if it isn't, it can wait until later.

As I wake this morning on my parent's couch I am reminded of how utterly uncomfortable my life has become. The scratchy, harsh reality of my world hits me before my eyes even open. I am blanketed under a patchwork quilt of hard truths, pain, and resentment. It's kind of difficult to forget, or even pretend to forget how much life can be a pain in the neck when a pain in the neck sharply greets me good morning daily. I haven't slept in a bed in at least two weeks. Oh what I wouldn't give to be able to curl up in my sheets, hug a pillow, roll over and go back to sleep on this early, rainy, cold, Saturday morning. A bad marriage can interrupt your life in ways you never dreamed possible. Worst of all I know that right now as I am up lamenting about how uncomfortable I am, my estranged husband is still sleeping; no doubt curled up in those seven-hundred, fifty thread count sheets, comfortably hugging a pillow.

Sincere Lee

2 comments:

  1. I came here via 20sb. I completely understand your feelings. After my ex-husband and I split up I stayed in various hotels for about a month until I found somewhere to live. I was a 17 hour drive/5 states away from my family and friends and completely alone. I'm glad you're using this as an outlet to help manage and heal. I'll try to stick around and follow you in your progress, but I'll warn you I'm terrible at keeping up with blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for understanding. This is one of my favorite posts, i'm glad someone else could appreciate it and relate to it as well.

    ReplyDelete