Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sincere's Celibacy Chronicles Vol. 3: Water, Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

My sincerest apologies. I seem to be having a great deal of trouble with commitment lately. I made a promise to post every Friday about my trek through the desert and for two Friday's I have deserted you. I won't bore you with all the excuses as to why this sudden lapse in communication has occurred. Suffice it to say I have too many balls up in the air at one time, and we all know how much hard work juggling balls can be. Whether you found that last line corny or cute, it is the perfect segue into today's topic. BUT before I get to the actual topic, let me preface it with two concise facts.

1. Celibacy equals clarity
2. It's a man's world (trite but true)

The world is full of penises. The politically correct phrase would be phallic symbols, but usually, I like to call a spade a spade, so we'll roll the Sincere way with this one. It all began last Saturday at the grocery store. I was simply perusing the aisles in the produce section when out of nowhere I was instantly annoyed. It was a fairly calm, quiet day at the supermarket. My shopping basket wasn't terribly squeaky, all of the wheels worked and turned in the right direction, and I could stand in one spot while making a decision between the Romaine or Mixed Spring Baby Greens without the having to do the shuffle around other people's shopping carts. After making the all important lettuce decision I leisurely wheeled a little further down the aisle and picked up two avocado, and a cucumber.

I felt my stress spot begin to tingle a little, but I couldn't figure out what the issue was. There is no way I was still stressing over the type of lettuce I'd chosen. I'd had a great day at work. What the hell was bothering me? As I passed a huge table housing an abundance of bananas it hit me. The produce section at the grocery store is stocked full of food stuffs that resemble the male genitalia: cucumbers, avocado, zucchini, carrots. I was livid! I can't even make a salad without being reminded of sex and how I'm not having any?! The whole world has gone mad! or maybe it's just me. Okay it is just me, but for someone who is trying to make a conscious decision not to engage in frivolous, cheap, sexual encounters solely for the sake of having an orgasm without even the thought, or the twinkle of a possibility of a meaningful relationship with the other person involved, a table piled insanely high with bananas is a bit too much to handle. So I made a sharp right turn past the bananas and made a bee line for the checkout lanes. On my way to the train I passed two hot dog stands and at least three people eating them. In my mind I gave them all the finger.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine you giving anyone the finger even mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is humorous and sad. Why do women DO this to themselves? You know you want that O, go get it? Why does it need to come with strings (i.e. a commitment, relationship or hint at both)?

    Le sigh. Ladies...we have alot of work to do. But I'm back..as the spy you love to hate.

    Bond. BlkBond.

    ReplyDelete