Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A little Known Fact

I learned something rather enlightening and infuriating in a conversation with my ex-husband about two weeks ago. We were discussing the current state of our lives and what we both want for ourselves moving forward. He professed how he never plans to remarry, and I beamed about how I most definitely plan to remarry and have the family that I always wanted. The conversation was going smoothly, it was almost refreshing and hopeful. I was beginning to feel like we'd turned the corner and that maybe, just maybe we could be friends after all that we've gone through together. There have been a few times before when I would get this same exact feeling and without fail something would happen to change everything. Unfortunately this time was no different than the last few times. It all came undone with this statement that casually rolled off of my ex's tongue without so much as a bat of an eyelash. "What you don't know is I tried to get you pregnant twice." He said it so proudly, and although I wasn't looking at him when he made that ridiculous remark, I am almost sure I heard a smile in his voice. If pissivity had a language it was written all over my face. I can't think of anything more dispicable, and disgusting. What kind of a person does something like that? When I think of how life could be so much more complicated right now if he had succeeded with even one of those attempts it makes me very grateful for one's right to divorce. The more I find out about my ex, the more validated my decision to end our marriage becomes (as if I didn't have reason enough already). The moral of this story is be careful ladies; it's a little known fact, but men try to create baby traps too.

5 comments:

  1. omfg... I'd kill him. Seriously- if my ex ever said anything like that to me, I would've taken his balls and destroyed them to make sure he could never have kids. I'm at a point now where I think it's impossible, and a waste of time to be friends with ex-husbands unless there are kids involved. They're too much hassle and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. For every woman who plots to trap a man through an act of pregnancy I have to believe there is a man somewhere poking tiny holes in a condom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how you think you know someone....

    ReplyDelete