Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A mess

I guess I had some unfinished business here. That's the only reason I can imagine I'm back here again. Right back where I started. Here. I wish I could say it's unnecessary, but there is so much to do. Too much to do here. It's comforting and uneasy all at the same time. The remnants of a life that once was, the promise of a life that will never be. It's sickening to watch you attempt to seduce me. I don't want you. You seem desperate and unsure of yourself. It's disgusting. I'm cornered, backed against the wall facing what I have, turning my back on what I want; hoping my decision will spawn the desired outcome this time. It's a challenge, but I've always loved a challenge. So difficult, so validating, so intriguing. I know where I stand now. I know what I want. I know what this is. I know what this isn't. Definition confirmed. Nothing here is the way I remembered it. It's all a mess, but I guess that's the way I left it. I can't stand a mess; nothing is where it belongs, nothing is all in one piece, but somehow everything is as it should be. A mess.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on leaving the mess. You're a strong lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can come make a mess here if you want....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't deal with messes. O.o not for too long, anyway. spring cleaning time for you?

    metaphors, ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely spring cleaning time Mr. Smith! It's about 4 years overdue.

    ReplyDelete