Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sticky Situations

In my quest to find solace in my life as I go through my divorce, thereby a little male companionship; I have found myself in some very sticky situations. Last night, however, proved to be the most unbelievable of all. I went out with my girlfriends for dinner, and made eye contact with this guy at another table. He was extremely attractive, and I'm a bit of a flirt, so I gave him the eye. To make a long story short, after asking him if he was married, to which he curtly replied "no," we exchanged phone numbers. He sent me a text the same night. I was shocked, seeing as how this never happens, and asked if it was okay if I called him. As we began the question and answer session of getting to know each other, he tells me has a confession THUD. "Sincere, I'm married" he says. You could have knocked me down with a feather. I can honestly say I've never felt this way before about anything. It was utter confusion. I then had to fess up as well because I lied and told him that I was already divorced. The weird thing is that after his shocking moment of truth, we proceeded to talk until the wee hours of the morning. I wish that I had an answer for why I stayed entranced in conversation with him for so long, and worse, why I am interested in talking to him again, but I have no clear cut answer. While it is true that I am starved for compelling and intellectual conversation with someone of the opposite sex, among other things,I know that I should not be talking to a married man the way that we were talking. What is wrong with me? I would hate to be this man's wife. And it gets worse they have a son together! (pause for reaction) I don't really feel as if I'm in a position to point fingers, but COME ON! Needless to say I haven't spoken to him today. I probably won't ever speak to him again, but I would certainly be dishonest to say that I don't want to. Two words: resist temptation. Stay tuned.

Sincere Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment