Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Who Holds my Heart?

There is a plane landing in about 5 minutes in New York City, and I'm not on it. After much obsessing aboout what would be my next step in my life, I have decided that, at least right now, I am not ready to go back. I have no idea what, if anything, is waiting for me there, besides my soon-to-be-ex husband, and of course I'm in no hurry to get back to that. I cannot lie, I miss my friends dearly, my job was beginning to pluck my nerves, but in a strange way, I miss it too. But these are both elements of my life that I have, or, can find here in Virginia. I've been thinking a lot about the saying "home is where the heart is," and what that saying means to me. If my loved ones are in Virginia, does that mean this is my home? Even if I don't always feel at home here? I love New York City, I always have. I love the noise, the people, the energy, the restaurants, Central Park. My gosh how I heart Central Park! New York and I have a relationship that Virginia will never understand. I've been having a love affair with the city for the past two and a half years. I can't honestly say that I'm ready to give it up and run back to sensible Virginia, or anywhere else for that matter. I've slept around with Washington D.C. a little, but nothing compares to New York. No where else makes me feel the way New York does. I come alive in that city! I'm in love! Now if only I could get New York City to reciprocate that love; my decision would be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment