Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love Squared Part Trois- Daydreaming

I never stopped thinking about you. I just didn't want to get in the way. I kept you and our relationship under a glass box. Both are so precious and fragile to me. I never wanted to do anything to ruin it. I lived my life. You lived yours. Occasionally, they would meet, and dance together. It was always appropriate for the time, and meaningful. That's the way I always liked it. You were never too far out of mind, though usually out of sight. I got married in the spring. I thought about you every day. As my wedding day crept closer, so did my thoughts of you. You were in my dreams. You were in my heart. On our anniversary, we went to a beautiful restuarant in the city. It was so classic, very old world New York. There were floor- to- ceiling, watercolor murals in pastel shades of blue, lavender, and gray, of different places in the city covering each of the four walls. The lake by the Boathouse at Central Park. Rockefellar Center. Times Square. Music by Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole was playing. I felt like I was in a dream. I closed my eyes. When I opened them, and looked across the table, I saw you. I wished for you. I wanted you to be there in that moment with me. Autumn came and you were everywhere with me. At the coffee shop, where I often sat alone with my thoughts, you were there. I would go to the park and daydream. I took a picture and sent it to you. You said you never received it. I wondered why.

No comments:

Post a Comment