Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kiss, Kiss

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, and no actual valentine to speak of, I've been reminiscing about past loves. Consequently,I have been reminded of a lost art. The art of intimacy; hand holding, soft whispers, nuzzling, hand-written notes. Whatever happened to kissing? It's been a very long time since I've had a really great kiss. A kiss that makes the world stop spinning for all of five seconds. A kiss so perfect that when you pull away, you forget where you are at that particular moment in time. Are couples doing this anymore? Maybe its just me, but it seems like everyone (myself included) is so over-sexed. It's all about the sex, but what about intimacy? This may make me a little old fashioned, but I am beginning to echo the sentiments of my grandmother. We've made it too easy for men to get their rocks off, without having to put in much effort. That could be because we (I'm speaking for all women again) have decided to be a man's equal, thereby creating a hostile environment for the opportunity for real romance and/or a true courtship to thrive.

Every generation since the Women's Movement has fought to redefine what it means to be a woman in America. We seem to have forgotten what it means to be a woman in a relationship. I am in full support of a woman's right to do whatever she wants. However, we have a tendency to sometimes emasculate men by spitefully exercising those rights. A man still needs to feel like a man, just as a woman needs to feel like a woman. It is high time that we (both men and women) get back to basics. I am not proposing that women go out and buy floral aprons and rolling pins, nor that men start rehearsing their "king of this castle" bit. I am merely suggesting that the next time you are out on a date, be polite, smile, and wear your favorite perfume. Take care where being ladylike is concerned, just as we take care with our careers. Intimacy needs only an ethereal environment to flourish. No two earthly beings can create this better than a man and a woman. Be the best version of whichever one you are, and always be considerate of the opposite sex.

Kiss, Kiss,
Sincere Lee

2 comments:

  1. basics are where it's at. relationships are hard enough without people who like each other getting in their own way.

    my apron says "Kiss the Cook," and i expect all seers of it to obey the apron. i do not have a rolling pin, though.

    ReplyDelete